Thursday, February 14, 2008

Are we ready?

So, it's less than 48 hours before we hit the road (Saturday Morning) to head up to Kirkland for a day of technical inspections and Alcan meetings. The real event begins on Sunday morning. Not much time. Are we ready?

Well, both Bill and I are sick. I've had a cold that I just can't beat. I feel fine if I can get 10 hours of sleep. Bill broke an eardrum or something and isn't allowed to be horizontal. They're filling him with antibiotics.

I haven't packed one bit of personal stuff. I've made a mental note of where everything is and I have a decent checklist. But I haven't gathered anything.

Bill and I are meeting tonight to install the late-arriving battery blankets.

We've been focused on truck prep and neglecting people prep.

Still.. are we ready!?

Hell yes! :) Are you EVER really ready to buy a house or have a child or take a Physics Final Exam? Nope. I think we're in the same boat. We've done our planning and collected our stuff. Now we just need to make sure that everything makes it into the truck, even if in somewhat disarray. If we forget something, there's always a Walmart somewhere, right?

And since Bill needs to stay vertical, and I need to sleep, I think we have our roles for the first few days figured out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys sound like quite the pair ready to head out to the middle of freezing nowhere land.

-Gabe

KristenT said...

Ah, man, that sucks.

Doug: hopefully you don't have Mom's cold, it landed in her ears and her throat and she sounds awful.

Bill: ouch!!! I take it you're sleeping sitting up?

Get better fast, you guys; you can't get 10 hours of sleep in one go on any rally, much less the Alcan!

Goodluck!!!!!