Thursday, February 21, 2008

Arctic Birthday

Feb 21st was my birthday.

My fellow Alcan-ers made it really memorable!!

This morning, I awoke to find the truck totally decorated with shaving cream, inflated rubber gloves, shaving cream, zip ties, straws, and toilet paper. Apparently, a crew of 10+ worked for over an hour late at night to give me a proper happy birthday. The truck was right in front of our room and neither Bill nor I heard a thing. Fun stuff! Be sure to check out Matt Tabor's documentation of the feat here: Tabor's Blog

At breakfast, a group of 20 or so sang happy birthday to me.

And then at dinner, Team Sirius -Jen, Gord, August, Josh and Evans along with Stevan and Kristin presented me with a couple of hand-made birthday cards that were signed by dozens (if not all) Alcan competitors.



Huge thank you to everyone for all of the nice birthday wishes (also from you blog commenters!!). You are all awesome!

2 comments:

Mom/Mommo said...

These are very imaginative people that you're rallying with! Looks like they (and you) had a very good birthday. Glad to hear that everyone had a good day.

Mom/Mommo

Aunt Sandy said...

HAPPY BELATED!! Sorry - was busy preparing for a (sort of) cold trip myself ~ chaperoning 50 middle and high school kids to Perfect North ski resort in Lawrenceburg, IN in a charter bus! Got back late last night.... I was actually the "lodge momma" since I'm officially retired from all winter sports - remember? A slipped shoulder blade, turned vertabrae and broken tailbone solidified that! Good thing you take after the "other side" of the family!!